Saturday 13 August 2016

Feeling Thankful

Sometimes it can take that little bit of effort to feel thankful- and it's totally worth your while. This morning I was just in the mood to complain; seriously in the mood. I was bumbling along thinking about how tired and verging on run down I felt. I had a terrible headache and couldn't stop obsessing over the thought of a sleep in. I was more than just a big glum; I was a massive misery guts. Then, as I was walking down the street, I took in the slight breeze, the warm sun and the blue sky. I smiled at some dogs barking at each other. I smiled at it being about half nine on a Saturday morning and people were just starting to go about their business. I smiled at how calm and excited the street was.

And then it clicked.

Life is good.

Like, man, I have got it good.

My mind said these words aloud and I just felt free. My headache eased and my eyes woke a little.

It's summer and, by default, my absolute favourite time of the year. I always feel happy and busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. And just like that I felt myself feeling so grateful for all of my summer so far and all that is to come. I felt thankful for the life that is living around me and the life that is living within me. Corny, but a happy truth. I felt and feel so gloriously happy about the life I get to call mine.

I'm thankful for the weather being cheery and encouraging me to smile. I'm thankful for the yummy and healthy snacks I bought for work. I am incredibly thankful for the tea that was the final push towards my grin. I'm thankful for being alive, healthy and happy. I'm thankful for being able to be as busy as I am- with friends and with work. Because I'm a lucky girl and I can't ever forget this. I'm thankful for remembering I need to look after myself and get a good sleep in; say no to a few things; brighten myself up in the most natural way.

Be thankful today.

The Sun & A Cuppa,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...