Thursday 24 March 2016

Like A Girl | Part Two

Since writing about the Always Like A Girl campaign (you can read my post HERE), I have been thinking about the campaign a lot. I really adore its message- that us girls can reclaim the phrase "like a girl" and show what it is to be "like a girl." Because being like a girl means anything and everything. It can mean a mixture of qualities; it can mean one or two. In this post I want to talk about a few times where I've seen females act like a girl and it's been awesome.

Supportive. Sometimes in a friendship group of mine there can be a bit of a split between the boys and the girls. It is all mostly jokey but sometimes the boys can do that whole "Oh it was just a joke; why can't girls take banter?" thing and I despise that. I won't talk about these times but when the boys are joking with the girls and it is a bit banter-y I adore seeing us girls stick together and support our abilities in things and our choices in lives.

Caring. In this same friendship group, one of the boys was getting "bantered upon" by the boys and he was being called a "worm" and all of that kind of stuff. One of my friends turned round and told him - because he seemed super upset - that he's lovely and he must ignore what they're saying. She turned to the rest and told them to cut it out and I think this is an awesome way to be.

Funny. Girls come in all levels of funny and I love them all. There's a boy in our group who we like despite his silly and kind of immature ways. He dishes out a lot and we stick up for anyone when it goes too far but one night he was making innocent comments towards people with a slight hint of nasty. My friend turned round to him when he was least expecting it and made the most innocent and smart comment about something in his life (it wasn't cruel, I promise- this is hard to explain without saying it) and our group erupted and even he grinned cheekily, amused but embarrassed and appreciating he deserved that comment.

When have you seen females act like a girl?

Quite frankly this post didn't turn out how I envisioned it however maybe I'll do another post like this and it'll be better. All the same, acting like a girl is great!

Like A Girl & Proud,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I'm blogging twice a day this March and you can read my last post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...