Wednesday 21 October 2015

A Little Running Diary #3

In order to talk more about one of my favourite hobbies on the blog, I created my "A Little Running Diary" series! You can read my last post in this series HERE, if you would like. Today I want to talk about what it is I love about running. It is naturally going to be hard to pinpoint exactly what it is, and it is a bundle of things that makes running so exciting for me, but I'm going to try all the same.

I adore running because I love moments where my head can be clear - even if I'm thinking lots - because I am surrounded by somewhere else to where I may be getting stressed or upset. In contrast, I love moments where my head is clear when I am perfectly happy. Running can cater for any of my mindsets, and no matter what, it is going to make me feel better. It feels good to just focus on something else other than my other activities in a day. Even if the run doesn't go to plan, I feel good just doing it!

Of course, I love that it is a healthy hobby- one that is good for me. It works so much of the body, encouraging my mind to be more determinated and healthily overreaching too. I love that I can just get better and better (even if I am "worse" on some runs!) and set myself challenges and achieve things I didn't know was possible. It boosts my own moral really!

The vibe is awesome. I can listen to some music and feel motivated through it or I can run around pretty places or even boring places that create a route I adore and feel inspired by. I can pass other runners who share my love or people just enjoying the day. Running makes me calm, and also excited.

In a way this feels a lot like something a child at school would hand in- just a piece of writing about their favourite hobby. But what's wrong with that?

Running Shoes & Pretty Scenes,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am blogging every day in October for Blogtober which you can read about HERE; HERE is yesterday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...