Tuesday 31 March 2015

A Happy Sentence | Divergent by Veronica Roth

All of April I have been partaking (feels a little arrogant to "partake" in my own creation) in my challenge, A Happy Sentence (which you can read about HERE). For the third week I read Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and you can read that review HERE. Today I am reviewing Divergent by Veronica Roth, and chose to read it because I have wanted to for a very long time. This review should have been posted on Saturday but the last week of this challenge has not gone too well. I have been too busy to have long periods of time with Divergent. I am ridiculously gutted. However, I have made a lot of progress since Saturday so I am going to review it today!

















I have been so excited to read this book. It's been a long time since I've started a series so I am excited to be very much so into one. I am also super duper excited to watch the film. Bonus!

Divergent is about Beatrice Potter and a decision that could change everything. Herself. Her family. Her life. Making a decision about where she belongs in a society sectioned into different factions that represent different values and lives, her choice is one even she doesn't understand. But she wants to.

Wrapped up in secrets and confusion, Tris has a lot to find out, to learn. About herself and about others. Battling with who she is and her secret, it is a tale of coming of age. And with coming of age, comes discovery.

This seems not to be a tale of teamwork. But is it?

Divergent is captivating like I expected. We learn about Tris alongside her. We learn about what values are important to different factions. What we think is important. We want Tris to make the right choices. We are understanding but completely in the dark. How could we understand such a society? And yet, of course, the foundations are realistic.

Even though I failed my challenge a little towards the end, it has been great fun. University got a bit hectic and it was just something that had to be prioritised. I will set myself a challenge at a better time next time! It's been a long time since I have properly completed a blogging challenge and I am determined to make the next one a 100% success! I need to stop making promises! Silly blogger.

Series & Cake,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...