Saturday 8 November 2014

To My 16 Year Old Self

You're sixteen and happy, lost and nervous too,
You're giggly and silly, looking forward to who,
You'll become, but, I'll tell you one truth,
Right now you are who,
You must look forward to,
Right now really counts,
Remove any doubt,
Carpe diem, 16 year old me, carpe diem,

If today is a day you wish for another,
Please know that tomorrow will always be better,
Tomorrow, I'll tell you, has no measurement,
It could be a day or a year, but it's coming so soon,

You aren't one for pressure, yet you don't reject work,
You thrive and you drive, but the panic, it lurks,
It's hard and it sucks,
But whenever you're stuck,
Clear your mind, take a breath,
The answers are left,
In your head, they're right there,
See, you know it, be fair,
To yourself, please,
You may be sixteen,
But the world is all yours,
Don't be scared anymore,

You're happy, you smile,
But just for a while,
You get sucked up in sadness,
The crazy school madness,
While sunshine is shining,
You're blind for a moment,

But the yellow is calling,
That new day is dawning,
The brightness is smiling,
All upon your arriving,

Welcome back.

~

I watched THIS video by Carrie Hope Fletcher and it made me want to do the same. I cried watching hers and felt like it'd make me happy to reflect.

Sunshine & Brightness,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...