Monday 27 October 2014

It's Kind of a Long Story | Chapter 3

A while ago, I wrote about how I am planning on writing a book. You can read about it all HERE. I am so gloriously happy I decided to finally let my ideas for a novel spill out into more ideas and sentences and paragraphs. So, here I am, documenting what has happened since I last posted about my book-writing journey: It's Kind of a Long Story | Chapter 2.

Since August when I last posted, I have still been writing down phrases and little bits of speech that have either popped into my head or I've sat and thought about. It's all in one place. That maybe should be scary in all of its unorganised-ness, but it is satisfying to see lots of ideas from my brain that hopefully should come together in a cohesive story I can call my own.

As I've been continuing with my ideas, I've made a plan of the very beginning of my novel, which has made room for the further development of personalities, letting me get to know my characters more. It's added more guidance and planning than I ever had when I was a lot younger and writing a story until I ran out of ideas. It makes me feel prepared, but I allow myself a lot of room to be spontaneous like Colin Firth in Mamma Mia.

I decided, last week, that I would write my prologue. Although I've made a promise to myself to plan, plan, plan (which I am doing), I became so excited, with a prologue idea in my head, that my inner-Colin-Firth was ready to sing. And I adored writing it. Obviously it'll be a while before it's as perfect as I'd like it to be, but it's really made my head be in my story, and alongside my characters.

Since August, my ideas of characters have become real characters (and in my heart, real people). I've got a clearer picture of a main setting in my head, and more people to become acquainted with as well. Writing this novel makes me excited to sit down and soak in sentences I'm creating. It's an experience that I'm enjoying experiencing all by myself, with no pressures. I really love it.

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I said I'd be posting once or twice a month about how writing my story is going, but I plan to post about it only once a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...