Monday 4 August 2014

Some Summery Reads

I adore both books and summer. It, therefore, seems to make sense to write a blog post incorporating the two of them. Here are some reads that seem, to me, fitting for the lovely season!


























The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon

I could have picked any Paige Toon novel because they all make me giddy with sunshiny feelings, and although her novel One Perfect Summer initially came straight to mind, I've mentioned the lovely book a lot on my blog, and considering The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson made me feel like I was reading it in August back in February, the young adult book seemed pretty synonymous with summer! Following the life of Jessie, the novel is about the discovery of the identity of her real father. After the loss of her mother, Jessie spends time in sunny LA with her father and his family. I love this book.

An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell 

This book is a bundle of sunshine. An Offer You Can't Refuse is about Lola and her confrontation with an offer of £10,000 from her boyfriend's mother. Funny, sweet and gorgeously gripping, An Offer You Can't Refuse is one of those books you not only don't want to put down, but physically don't without realising. Oh, it's such a lovely story. 

 Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella 

If you've never read a Sophie Kinsella book I'm not entirely sure where you've been, and this novel is one I am besotted with. After a car accident Lexi wakes up to a life very different to the one she remembered living before. I recommend this book to a lot of people, and even though I read it a long time ago - as did my mother -, my mum and I found ourselves in a long conversation about this novel yesterday! It's not only entertaining, but it's eye-opening too!

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks 
 
The Last Song is a Nicholas Sparks treasure that I read in the summer a few years ago. As well as this, the book is about Ronnie's summer spent with her father, who in her eyes betrayed her. The novel is so heart-warming, and would be my best friend on a rainy summer day. About forgiveness, love, sadness and learning, The Last Song makes me very happy.
  
   The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen  
 
I read this novel every single summer because I adore it so much, and it will always be one of my absolute favourite books. Honest and raw, The Truth About Forever also gives me summery feelings. Macy is a little lost, but no one seems to notice. Suddenly her life is a little different and she meets Wes, the clouds are lifted more and more.

What books that you have read that give you summery feelings?

Books & Sunshine,

The Girl in the Moonlight. 

2 comments:

  1. The Last Song! Erghhhh, I love that book - it's the perfect holiday read! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...