Wednesday 2 April 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag

I love books. I love chocolate. Chocolate Book Tag? Perfect.

Thank you Simona for tagging me in THIS post!


























1. Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, when read, doesn't feel like the obvious choice because the novel brings so much joy and happiness to readers, but in between there is so much darkness and sadness as it covers the naturally dark topic of cancer. Yet, John Green puts his honest, raw and real spin on it. It's truly wonderful.

2. White chocolate: your favourite light hearted/humorous read.

Choosing this was incredibly tough but Is It Just Me? by Miranda Hart had me laughing in public so I think this deserves the title. From discussing music and hobbies to dating experiences, Miranda splashes her hilarious thoughts and humour throughout this book. It's a seriously funny read!

3. Milk chocolate: a book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

I've seen a lot of excitement over The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion and I'm SO excited to get cracking on it. It looks wonderfully endearing and sweet!

4. Chocolate with a caramel centre: a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle whilst you were reading it.

Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher is one of those gorgeously beautiful books that makes you feel at home! There are a bunch of relationships that make me feel gooey and warm, a like to the settings and... cake! It's a book I buy people for presents a lot because I know it's a read everyone will enjoy.

5. Wafer free KitKat: name a book that has surprised you lately.

Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah is one of my absolute favourite books. It didn't surprise me in that I wasn't expecting it to be awesome (I really was expecting it to be amazing- everything about it had me hooked before reading a single page), it surprised me because I wasn't expecting the story to go the way it did. This book really opened my eyes.

6. Snickers: a book that you're going nuts about.

I love The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon. It's one of those reads that causes you to grin for days afterwards. It's an awesome plot that reminded me why I need to go back to the young adult section. It's a read that makes it feel like summer, even when it's not!

7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book you would turn to for a comfort read.

An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell makes me incredibly happy. Jill Mansell can make any evening feel warm and magical with her lovely words and characters and plots. An Offer You Can't Refuse makes me feel very heart-warmingly happy!

8. Box of chocolates: what series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and something for everyone?

I have to say the Harry Potter series. It's so wonderfully captivating, sweet and full of beautiful friendships and exciting battles. I plan on re-reading them all next year and I can't wait. I chose Prisoner of Azkaban as I found myself wanting to re-read this one very soon and I will do in the summer (although I will re-read it again next year!).

The challenge, should they choose to accept it is set to the following lovely bloggers:
These are a few bloggers I know for sure are book fans and due to not knowing whether a few more are or not, I didn't tag them, so anyone reading this and wanting to complete this tag are tagged by me!

Poems & Bicycles, 

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. Sorry for the awful picture- the sight of the beautiful books allows for me to forgive myself!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Thankyou for tagging me! I will definitely do this tag soon, it's very creative! It's funny because I was just reading this post when you commented on mine saying that you'd tagged me in it!

    x Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Oooo, yay! I can't wait to see it! Hahaha- awesome!

      Delete
  2. The title of this post alone gets me so excited! Thanks for tagging me, I can't wait to work on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I understand! No problem- I can't wait to see it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...