Wednesday 26 March 2014

My 5 Favourite Nicholas Sparks Moments

So I am a huge Nicholas Sparks fan. I, in turn, love incorporating he and his writing into my blog and today is another day for Sparks to sprinkle his magic. So, now, with my Nicholas Sparks books soaking my emotions, spread around me like beautiful statues, I will write a post on my top five favourite moments in his novels. This will undoubtedly cause me a lot of stress as I will go from one decision to another because his books are like my babies, but for the sake of a good list, I will troop on through. Side note: These moments, if you haven't read the novels, may seem pointless to you without other knowledge and is likely to ruin the novel for you.

*Contains deadly traces of spoiler.*

1) My absolute favourite Nicholas Sparks moment belongs to the letter from Carly Jo to Katie in Safe Haven. Carly Jo addresses the letter "To the woman my husband loves" and it's because of how much I love Carly Jo and Alex's relationship - despite never experiencing it narratively - that I, as the reader, need her blessing, because I also adore Alex and Katie's relationship and it's this line that rips my heart in two a little. This is so as it shows Carly Jo's selflessness and right to have my respect. Yet I also need her to be okay with Katie and Alex being together. So that's why, when she tells Katie to "love [Alex] forever", that Alex and his kids are "[Katie's] family now" and that Katie is her "friend" and has her "everlasting gratitude", I can't hold the tears back. This is my favourite Nicholas Sparks moment because even though not everything is perfect in the lives of the characters, in that moment, nothing could be more perfect.

                                                                                                                                  - Safe Haven

2) I have re-read this next favourite moment so many times. It's the performance of the play Landon and Jamie are in and Landon turns to see Jamie looking "exactly like an angel". I have tears in my eyes as I write this as the sincerity of Landon's thoughts, the depicting of the feeling he's experiencing and the witness of him opening his eyes to Jamie is simply beautiful. A little of the emotion I feel is down to the words Landon utters: "You're beautiful." The rest of it is in this: "I'd nailed that line for the very first time."  

                                                                                                                  - A Walk to Remember

3) Gabby's return to consciousness after a car crush was questionable. After a long, long time of sadness for Travis, Gabby's wife, and the reader, the wonderfully ominous feeling Travis was witnessing as he approached the phone, with a doctor on the other side, sends shivers through my spine. While we wait to find out Gabby's fate, I can still feel my heart hoping for the ending the two of them deserve. It's in these words that I feel complete: "She's awake."

                                                                                                                                  - The Choice

4) I can't explain the serenity I feel when I re-read the end of this novel. As Jeremy still vows his life to logic and science and explanation, dismissing "miracles", Lexie slowly breaks the news that, much to Jeremy's logical mind's disbelief, she is pregnant. Jeremy couldn't have children and yet, with the woman he loved beside him and his belief in biology wavering, there the two of them are; the future of their family as real as ever.

                                                                                                                              - True Believer

5) Forgiveness is the reason why The Best of Me finds itself on this list. Throughout the novel Dawson is tortured by an accident where Dr. Bonner is killed, accidentally by him. He blames himself and so does Dr. Bonner's wife, Marilyn. When Marilyn tells Dawson, "you don't need my forgiveness anymore" and that he should "let this go", I feel a wave of relief. I hated the guilt he feels throughout the novel and I am for ever grateful for Marilyn Bonner's forgiveness and recognition that Dawson is a good person.

                                                                                                                            - The Best of Me

It should be noted that the end of The Last Song would be in the top five but I've already written about that HERE. I simply love this moment.

Writing about novels written by Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite things! It was awesome flicking through his novels and remembering parts and re-living my favourite moments. Have you read any Nicholas Sparks novels? Do you have a favourite moment from any other novels? Let me know in the comments!

Paintings & Turtles,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I love Nicholas Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...